Johnstown (Mary E. Babcock)
320 North Main Street
Johnstown, Ohio 43031
*Due to COVID-19, this LCL location is open:
Mondays - Thursdays | 11am - 6pm
The Johnstown Public Library opened in 1957 as a branch of the Newark Public Library, located in a single room of the Town Hall at the Monroe Township House.
In 1995, Mary E. Babcock provided funding to purchase land to construct a new facility. Many dedicated community members, staff and volunteers worked for nearly 10 years to find an appropriate location to build a new library.
The new Johnstown location of the Licking County Library (Mary E. Babcock Library) opened in early 2006.