Ask a Techspert
Would you like assistance setting up your phone, laptop or tablet? Do you want to create an email account or start using social media, but don’t know where to start? Licking County Library's Techsperts are here to help! Our experienced technology trainers are available at our Downtown Newark location on Mondays from 10am - 4:30pm for drop-ins or appointments. If you can't make it in on Mondays, make an appointment with us for another day or to ZOOM from your home. Call 740.349.5509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
Techsperts Can Help With
- eBooks or audiobooks on your portable device
- Internet basics (browsers, bookmarks, searching, etc.)
- Password managers
- Computer basics
- Chromebook basics
- iPad and Android phone and tablet basics
- Microsoft Office basics (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Drive, Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets)
- Virtual communications (Zoom, Skype)
- External and USB drives to save files
- Social Media apps (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Windows and Apple iOS basics
Techsperts Can't Help With
- Paid software, accounting software, tax software or specialized job-related software
- Virus removal
- Typing on a patron’s behalf
- We are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, take apart or replace physical parts on a device, or participate in credit card transactions
Before You Arrive
- Have a clear goal or a list of what you would like to learn
- Bring all passwords/PINS needed to access devices and/or accounts
- Cellphone to verify two-factor authentications
- Bring your device charged and/or with a power cord
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a fee for this service? This service is free! Techsperts are funded, in part, by Guiding Ohio Online, a grant from the State Library of Ohio and the Institute of Museum and Library Services
How long are one-on-one appointments? Generally, appointments are scheduled for 30-45 minutes
Do I need a library card for these services? No, appointments are open to anyone.
What if I need to cancel an appointment? We understand that things come up. Please call us at 740.349.5509 or email email@example.com to cancel or reschedule so we aren't waiting for you.
Can you repair my device? No, our Techsperts are here strictly for educational purposes and are unable to repair devices.
Do you offer classes for additional learning? Yes! We offer several classes each month on a variety of topics. Programs can be found in our Check It Out newsletter and on the Library's Program Calendar.