Utica (Hervey Memorial)
15 North Main Street
Utica, Ohio 43080
*Due to Covid-19, this LCL location is open for curbside service
Tuesdays | 11am - 6pm
Thursdays from 11am - 6pm
The Utica Public Library was established in the early 1900s by the King's Daughters, a local reading circle. The village provided a room in the old town hall, and the electric and gas companies provided free heat and light.
On July 9, 1938, the Hervey family set up a trust and willed their residence on Main Street to become the new home of the library. Upon the death of Amanda Hervey, the last resident of the Civil War-era home, the second floor of the house was removed and it was renovated to meet the needs of a public library.
The Hervey Memorial Library officially opened as a branch of the Newark Public Library in 1953.